Sunday, November 9, 2014

I am helping people, so there is success. I love being out here!

Letter #60
October 20, 2014
Area: Broadway 2- Central
Companion: Heath

This week went pretty well, we still had a hard time getting in with investigators and potentials, so we did a lot of contacting. We also got a referral for a really prepared woman named Bertha, who is a friend of a few members and has gone to church multiple times in the past.  She said that she has gone to many different churches, and the one she feels the most comfortable at, or the best at, is ours. She finally accepted the offer for a missionary visit from her good friend, who accompanied us to the lesson. Bertha is very much prepared to receive the gospel, and we are hoping, and praying, that she will accept the message and that all of the family problems that are occurring will be fixed. Other than her, we had the opportunity to finally catch a couple of the less-active members that we haven't seen in a while, so we did have a good week despite any difficulties in having lessons to teach. We also found out that our investigator, Jorge, is really wanting to be baptized. He has been working towards getting everything in line to get married, and we helped him realize what he needed to do to be baptized. Finding out how much he wanted this gospel made me realize that I am helping people and that there is success in this area.

This week I took a step back and I made sure I was trying to not stress myself out for what I can't control. I realized that I was stressing about me "not doing enough" to have the people act on the message.  I realized that I am doing my part by teaching simply and with the spirit and inviting.  Those on the receiving end have to make the decision themselves that they want to act. I have also been really working on studying more effectively so I can actually use it throughout the day.  As part of my studies, I have been also taking some time to read out of the Missionary Library to strengthen my testimony and to grow my knowledge.

I love being out here, and I love you guys,
Elder Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment