Sunday, October 19, 2014

with very little success, but on the bright side

Letter # 59
Oct. 13, 2014
Area: Broadway 2- Central
Companion: Heath

Hey guys,

This week seems to have flown by...we have been trying all transfer to get our area better, and we have had some success, but this last week was hard because it seemed like nobody was available. We tried and tried, with very little success, but on the bright side, we were able to work with the less-active members more and we finally got to meet with Jose Guzman, he is the guy that was baptized right before I came to the area, but he hasn't been very active since. We got to talk to him a little and he said he should be able to start going to seminary again and he should start coming to church again soon because their band mainly stops marching when football season ends. I am excited to be working with the less-actives and recent-converts again because it seems that when we are doing what we can to help them, the rest of the work blooms. 

I don't really have much to say about this week, except for that there were a couple of thunderstorms and it is obvious that winter is coming. We are all kind of hoping that a hurricane happens this year because the heat left so early, leaving about 2-2.5months for hurricanes to possibly come. I don't want a hurricane to happen, but it would be exciting because they evacuate us until it is gone, then they put us back in to help for the next couple of weeks. it sounds super interesting/fun. 

Other than that, I am officially halfway done with training Elder Heath and I am probably getting transferred in 6 weeks, so just a heads up for that. I feel like this next transfer will have more success and some baptisms though because we got good news from one of the ward leaders about how easy it should be for Suyapa and Jorge to get married, so when we teach them tonight, we are going to include talking more about marriage and try to have them set a date.

I love you guys, and pictures should come this next week because I keep forgetting my camera cord when I email.
Elder Stanley Scott Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment