Thursday, May 28, 2015

New Area, New Companion, New Adventures!!

Letter #84
April 6, 2015
Area: Baytown
Companion: Knudsen

Hey guys, I am in Baytown now, in the Texas Spanish Branch. My new companion is Elder Knudsen from a little northern Utah town. He has been out for about 8 months now.

I'm really excited for the opportunity to be here in Baytown in the Texas Branch, but I'm going to be honest and say that this week was rough, we were definitely seeing the consequences of the lack of contacting and new investigators of the last few weeks. We also ran into a few problems for contacting earlier in the week because Elder Knudsen had some bike problems that needed to be fixed. Luckily, I was able to fix the various problems making it so he didn't have to find a bike shop to do it, but sadly that took some of our proselyting time away. Elder Knudsen and I have committed ourselves to talk to everyone-all nationalities- in order to get new people to teach and to show the Lord our desire to do His work. We finally were able to get in contact with one of their potentials that seemed really interested.  We were able to speak with him about the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. We invited him to conference and to read the Book of Mormon, but we haven't been able to contact him since and he wasn't able to make it to conference.

Elder Knudsen and I look forward to a great week this week despite the difficulties of last week. We will still be contacting a lot, but we have a few potential investigators that said we could come by this week and they are pretty good finds. It was a great start to the week having General Conference ( https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?lang=eng ) because I feel like this conference was based around having an eternal perspective. I have really seen that kind of attitude bless my mission more recently because, as I've applied it and internalized it more, I have seen my attitude towards the work change. I am understanding more of the importance of obedience, the importance of diligence, and the need of sharing this message with the world. I have also grown my testimony of President Drake's calling as our Mission President because the instructions that the prophets are giving us are the same as what he has been giving us, but their instructions will also be helpful further on...past the end of my mission. I feel like so many of the talks were just directed straight towards me-- I am glad I get the opportunity to listen to a prophet's voice every few months. I do have a testimony that Pres. Thomas S Monson is the current prophet for the Lord and that his instruction is what the Lord would have us hear at this time. 

I love you guys,
Elder Stanley Scott Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment