Sunday, October 19, 2014

I feel more like a missionary than ever

Letter # 58
Oct. 6, 2014
Area: Broadway- Central 2
Companion: Heath

This week was an interesting week, yesterday I was wondering why it felt like we didn't really do anything, but then I looked through my planner and realized, we only had 2 full days to work! We had P-Day on Monday, then New Missionary Training on Wednesday, Weekly Planning on Thursday, and General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. This week was miraculous for us, seeing that we only had 2 full days to work, we helped our four most solid families progress a lot, and they really have the desire to move forward, but it seems like there are still concerns or issues that we have to address to help them come to church. We have taken the time to thoroughly think about them and their situations and we feel like we have made realistic goals that will make them stretch to reach.

We have still been getting along well as a companionship, obviously there are a few quirks along the way, but we are trying to find ways to keep having fun while working hard. I particularly want to do that because I am starting to stress quite a bit about the area and the people. I am really trying to think of how we can help them, and what we can do each day to prepare the way for them to come to church and eventually accept the covenant of baptism. I feel more like a missionary than ever, but I have felt more stress than sometimes I think I should. I look forward to this next week and transfer and the success it will bring because we have been working hard and doing our best to bring about this work, and the Lord has been blessing us for it.

I love you guys, and could you pray for some of the people that we are teaching?

Elvia Cuervo and her family - That they will be able to make it to church despite any difficulties that may arise

The Garcia family - That they will accept a baptismal date and actually work towards it

Suyapa and Jorge - That their baby boy will be healthy enough to go to church

Lucero and Efrain - That we will be able to teach him clearly and Efrain will accept a baptismal date

I love you,
Elder Stanley Scott Dye


No comments:

Post a Comment