Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Attending the Houston Texas Temple

Letter #43
June 23, 2014
Area: Broadway 2- Central
Companion: Petersen

This week really felt super long until today came...it is weird how that works. We have had a pretty good week, so it wasn't that bad. We found some more new people and we got to teach some people we found last week. The highlight of our week was the Houston temple trip that President Crawford set up for us. it was a special session with the temple president.  He talked with us for an hour beforehand to have us look for things in the video and to think about some questions during the session to help us learn more from the endowment session. I really learned a lot, my brain was having troubles working the rest of the day because I was trying to process all that I learned... [ In the temple we learn more about the life of Jesus Christ and how we can become more like Him and our Heavenly Father.  Here is a link for learning more about the Life of Jesus Christ.  http://www.mormon.org/beliefs/jesus-christ  Also a link that goes to the Houston Texas temple information page  http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/houston-texas-temple

I really don't know what to say about the week-- the number of lessons weren't very high, and I have been thinking of many ways to try to get them up.  We need to get this area progressing, so we are just in the starting of that process. There is great hope and excitement in doing what we can to help this area.

1) Broadway 2 is probably one of the best wards about helping the missionary efforts.  We haven't had a lot of people to go see and we haven't had any member-present lessons work out last week, or really even since I have been here, but this week we have 6 members set up to come out with us and we have plans to make the area better so the members can come out

2) We do the normal missionary Pday activities: basketball, volleyball, etc... this last week I played basketball for a total of about 3 hours and by about half way thru I was running off of adrenaline, so I was pooped that night and sore the next morning.

3) I was with Elder Petersen in the Mexico City MTC.  He has back problems, so we can't even leave until about 3pm, which is hard on me at times.   I still love the guy, we get along great, and we are both excited to get the area going.

4) yes, flat tires, this area has probably the highest flat tire rate in the mission... I have had 2 and they both somehow happened in lessons... If you do send tubes, I would suggest the "Slime" tubes because it isn't very common to find patches out here for some reason...

I love you guys,
Elder Stanley Scott Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment