June 30, 2014
Area: Broadway 2 Central
It sounds like you all had a pretty good week, and had some fun with family and friends. This last week has been good for our area, we had a few setbacks due to the rain storms early in the week, but despite that we still had progression. We worked hard to finally get a member present during out lessons this week because it has been hard in the past weeks--our hard work paid off. We had about 7 members willing to come out, and 3 or so lessons set up with a member, but only 1 worked for different reasons. We'll eventually will get there. We have been working to get our area to grow and progress; it has been hard, but worth it. In the last few weeks we have found a few families that have been progressing nicely, with very few problems, so we are expecting to have a few baptisms before the end of the transfer.
I really don't know what to say still because I keep feeling like I don't do very much in the area, we end up getting out late and most of the time is spent just riding around. But the real miracle happened Sunday, even though we weren't able to get out until about 6:30pm, but we went over and talked to both of our solid investigator families. The first we talked to about him and his "wife" getting legally married, which he has been wanting to do, then he offered us food off the grill. The other was actually thinking about calling to ask us if we could come over earlier in the day, but she forgot to...so when we got there and they invited us in and we finally got to watch the Joseph Smith Video with them. They really liked the video and asked if we could meet again on Tuesday, but at the house of their member friend, so we set something up at 1 on Tuesday with them. They then invited us to eat fajita with them. It was sadly already time to go, so we got the fajita and salsa to go. We were out for about 2 hours, got 2 lessons, and 2 small dinners :)
As for the questions:
1) The problems are from him doing track and cross-country, and injuries, the doctor said that he might have a slipped disc or something else, but since he has been out for such little time, they just tell him to care for it with icyhot and ice. If it is a slipped disc, he would be sent home for treatment, and he wouldn't be able to come back out for all I know...
2) the weather hasn't been that bad, it feels nice, but it is decently hot. It hasn't been bad this week because we have had rainstorms/cloud cover, but once the clouds are gone, it might be really humid
3) I have been taking some pictures here, but most of the ones I have are from my last area, but I still haven't sent them home. I will probably want to send a small package home with the memory card and the Texas spoon I got. Yes, I found one :P We went to Walmart on Saturday because I got a flat tire (again) and had no good patches, so we ended up buying a "slime" tube and that spoon.
4) The bank charges were from us stopping in a place to get some patches, where I got patches, more chain cleaner/lube, and I got a frisbee because the store we go to on PDay doesn't have frisbees and I have been wanting one..
5) Tire liners? what's that? I guess I'll find out when mail comes. but thanks again!
We are going to meet our new mission president this Wednesday, this will be interesting.
3) we rode the bears :)
Love you all,
Elder Stanley Scott Dye