Sunday, July 13, 2014

A week that could have gone better...there is always next week

Letter #45
July 7, 2014
Area: Broadway 2 Central
Companion: Petersen

This week was pretty hard... It was a huge disappointment and a setback in our area. We both feel horrible for our lack of lessons, and want to do more. This week I got sick to the point that Elder Petersen would ask me to go lay down and sleep a little, but I would just start coughing harder and deeper as I was laying down. The past couple of days I have felt a little better, but the cough I have still lingers, so I got some juice with vitamin C in it and cough drops. I am not very concerned about being sick because I know that the Lord has a work for me to do and he will support me and be my strength when I can't do it on my own.
I feel like the lack of success isn't due to the sickness though, whenever we went outside and were working, I felt just fine, it was just when we were inside doing nothing that I would cough and have a stuffy nose. This week I mainly felt held back by internal challenges, well internal in that I feel that our companionship has been out of sync.  I don't know what else it would be. I know I haven't pushed us very hard to get out of our comfort zones and do our best.  I know that there is a sense of contention when I say that we should get going or do something other than what we are doing.   I feel that he would prefer to do anything then what I'm asking us to do...I have no idea what to do with him... If anything I want to put the blame on me first and take care of it, but it just isn't working because I know I am trying to do the best I can. It has been challenging because I really do love him, but I don't love what he is doing.  (He just isn't the same missionary as he was when we came out together.) I really want to help him, I just don't know what to do.

But on another note, 4th of July was just different...Hispanics, in this area, don't really celebrate it , so there wasn't very much of a celebration down here and we just went in an hour early.. It didn't feel like the 4th of July:(

I love you guys,
Elder Stanley Scott Dye

PS: on top of my terrific week, the stupid post office sent the postcards that were meant for Angie and Mom back to me... So I'll just have to send them with a letter or package. :(  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment