Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 1 Training - COMPLETE!

Letter #54
Sep. 8, 2014
Area: Houston, Central 2
Companion: Heath

This week has gone great! We have put in a lot of effort to find new people to teach and have had success in that. We sadly didn't have a ton of lessons, but we really feel like we are preparing the area right by taking a couple steps back to take steps forward with a good foundation. I really feel like the training call was inspired.  I have been pushing myself a lot harder to work on the area and myself, while trying to help Elder Heath learn how to do things right. We have taken a little time to re-do our whiteboard so it will be useful in the process of weekly planning, everyday work and planning, and especially finding out the needs of the different people we teach.  I have found that as we were doing it, we were receiving inspiration on how we could do it even better. We have also made sure that we take the time to contact and reach out to everyone we meet throughout the day. As we have been doing these different things, we have seen a lot of progress in ourselves and the few people that we teach. 

We have been getting along great as a companionship, Elder Heath really reminds me of Adam Ure, and we are working well and hard together. I am proud of Elder Heath because I can rely on him to do his part of the work. I know I am training him, but he is learning so fast and well that I have no doubt that he'll be just like a normal companion with experience by the end of training. He has really surprised me in his memorization abilities and he already has almost all of the Joseph Smith History memorized. I have really high hopes for him, and I look forward to helping guide him a little in week 2 of training.

I personally have been doing a lot better, I feel more focused and relaxed at the same time. Before getting the call for training, I was kind of falling just into the routine of things. I felt like I was wasting so much time because I was too comfortable with where I was at. Now I am constantly thinking of things I can do better, more efficient ways of doing things, ways to better the area. I really am thankful for this training call.  I feel like I have never been a better missionary than I am now-- sure I am not teaching a ton of lessons, but I feel like soon enough, we will have all of these things sorted out and have baptisms come. I really don't feel like I am training, I feel like I am guiding Elder Heath to be the most efficient, hard working missionary he can be. I am so happy and grateful for this opportunity I have to serve and to be here.

I can hardly believe that Linzie is already 1 and that Brianna is already in 1st grade and Jacen is already in preschool.... Time just flies too fast, I feel like I just got here, but I'm already on the downhill slide back into reality. The only things I could say I would be excited for are: 1) meeting all the new nieces and nephews; 2) having my good ol' big bed; and 3) being able to participate in choirs and bands again.

I love you guys, even though you didn't email me... :P
Elder Stanley Scott Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment