Friday, August 15, 2014

The work continues...

Letter # 48
July 28, 2014
Area: Broadway- Central
Companions: Elder Spencer and Elder Petersen


This week was a good one. We have been working out the challenges that come from being in a trio, and I have really enjoyed being with Elder Spencer and Elder Petersen. I feel like our companionship has been growing closer and working better. Working and living with your companions 24/7 has been a personal growing experience.  I know that things each of us may be doing, either consciously or sub-consciously, can be distracting.  We each come from different experiences in life, from family dynamics to even where you are in the birth line up within your family.  Missions bring all that we are, and what we can become, together in close proximity, so there are times when habits bug another person.  This is the case for me.   Before I knew that Elder Petersen had issues with me, but I never knew why.  Elder Spencer has been open about what Elder Petersen has told him about his thoughts about me. I am happy about that because sometimes we just decide to hold things in and not say anything, especially to the person who is irritating you, but we really need to be open in a loving way. That is exactly what Elder Spencer has been doing, so I feel like I can be open with him and I can trust him to tell me if anything I do is bugging him. I have been working on being open with Elder Petersen and also changing the things that bug him in any way that I can that aren't changing me for the worse.

With regards to the area and the work, this week wasn't the best. We have been having troubles getting in with some of our people that we thought were ready, so we have been trying to find new people that are truly willing. We found one man while trying to get in with a person we found during Hour of Power a couple of weeks ago, and he is really interested as far as we can tell. We had a great first lesson with him and we are going to visit him this Wednesday. I am really glad about how the lesson went because it is usually pretty hard to get the skill of teaching in a group of three developed. Knowing this from past experience, we decided to create thorough lesson plans for each lesson that we are going to teach because we don't want to have the confusion about who is going to teach what.

We have been having a great time here, and we have been working hard. I have been doing a lot of reading from Jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon, and that has really been helping my testimony grow. I now know more about my Savior, and this love that our Savior has for each of us is very evident with God's dealings with those in the Book of Mormon.  It's teachings and dealings all point to the Savior and His love and desire for us all to return to our heavenly home.
I love you guys so much, and have a great week!
Elder Stanley Scott Dye

PS: still waiting for pics :P and here are some fun ones of us
What were they thinking -- Chronicles of Narnia?  Who knows--they're 19/20 year old boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment