Monday, August 19, 2013

Family Home Evening With the Stake Presidency/Setting Apart As A Missionary

Today I had the opportunity to have a video chat with all of my sisters and their families for Family Home Evening. My stake president, President Knudsen, was with us, and asked everyone in my family to share one of their favorite scriptures that they want me to take with me on my mission and the reason behind why it is one of their favorite scriptures. After everyone shared their favorite scripture, President Knudsen, along with President Nef, Bishop Dorff, and my dad laid their hands on my head and President Knudsen set me apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and gave me a wonderful blessing for my mission.

Tomorrow morning I fly to Mexico City to go to the Missionary Training Center (MTC)! I can't wait to be on my mission!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great experience and I feel privileged to have been there. Great spirit. The scripture I shared was Alma 28:11-14 regarding the great call of diligence due to the inequality of men due to transgression. ¡Que dios le bendiga, Elder Dye!

    ReplyDelete